No matter the size of your company, there are always multiple projects going on at the same time within your company, sometimes without you even realizing it.
A project is a temporary endeavour undertaken to create a unique product, service, or result. It is often utilized as a means of achieving an organization’s strategic plan and objectives and is typically authorized because of one or more of the following strategic considerations:
- Market demand /Strategic opportunity/business need (e.g., a training company authorizing a project to create a new course to increase its revenue),
- Customer request (e.g., an electric utility authorizing a project to build a new substation to serve a new industrial park),
- Technological advance (e.g., an electronics firm authorizing a new project to develop a faster, cheaper, and smaller laptop after advances in computer memory and electronics technology), and
- New requirements (e.g., a chemical manufacturer authorized a project to establish guidelines for the handing of a new toxic material).
Project Management is the application of knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet the project requirements. It is accomplished through the appropriate application and integration of logically grouped project management processes.
Many small and medium enterprises (SME) feel they do not have the time, energy, or resources to properly implement project management processes; however, it is exactly because of this lack of resources that SME need to implement best project management practices. Project Management is about defining and overseeing projects and resources to achieve organizational objectives. It provides the SME the ability to effectively and efficiently use their resources to create the vision they want to achieve.
Many projects encounter problems
- Project is missing milestones or is lacking momentum
- Project cost is out of control
- Project status are not communicated effectively
- And etc.
In many cases, external project management expertise is required. We are ready to help when
- Client need a professional project manager to manage a short term but critical project and is having difficulty finding the right candidate. We can provide both full-time and part-time project managers to help you manage it.
- Overseas companies, who want to take up projects in Singapore and do not have local representative. We can be your front end managing your projects and meeting your clients.
- Companies who see the needs of improving your project management operation and documentation, can engage our project management services for your projects. Your internal staff can learn from us about preparation of project charter, schedule, budget, project status reports, risk register, issue logs and many more, while we manage your projects. This will also provide an opportunity for your staffs to experience project portfolio management software while we manage your projects. We help your company setup the open source project portfolio management software as a separate service. Click here to find out more.
We understand SME’s concern on cost. Contact us to discuss about your needs, we will try our best to provide effective and affordable solutions.